How accessible is this website?
This website has been developed to be as accessible as possible. We are confident that this website is accessible.
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, please contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting the requirements of the accessibility regulations, contact us using the contact details at the end of this statement.
This website is compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
1. Images on some pages do not always have suitable image descriptions. Users of assistive technologies may not have access to information conveyed in images. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (Non-text Content).
2. Many documents are in less accessible formats, for example PDF.
PDFs and non-HTML documents
Many documents are not accessible in a number of ways including missing text alternatives and missing document structure.
Our aim is to make all documents hosted on the Castle website accessible. If you require a document in an alternative format please contact us via the details below.
This website links to third-party, external websites or services that may not be fully accessible.
How we tested this website
We tested this website in the following ways:
1. WCAG 2.1 compliance using a third-party automated service (reviewed regularly)
2. Regular testing using a suite of browser-based accessibility reporting tools
3. Colour contrast checkers were used during the design phase and re-tested once launched
For any enquiries about the accessibility of this website, you can contact us by:
The Castle, The Wharf, Bude, EX23 8LG
This statement was prepared on 10 November 2020. It was last updated on 10 November 2020.